- For instructions on how to submit a permit application, please watch this short video.
- Applications for building permits and land use actions can be found at Forms / Applications.
- Please email application submittals to BuildingDept@SequimWA.gov. If files are too large to email, contact us at the email address above or at (360) 683-4908, and we’ll email you a link to upload files via DropBox.
Development Services Overview
Development Services administers the development codes adopted by City Council. These codes include the Subdivision, Zoning, Shoreline, Environmental, and Building Codes and are essentially the City’s “contract” to develop within the City. The development codes implement policies found in the Comprehensive Plan, Downtown Plan, Shoreline Master Program, Parks Master Program and Transportation Plan.
Development Services includes Planning and Building staff. Development Services staff provide customer service for all permit activities (related to these codes) throughout the development review process. Development Services staff are also available to the public regarding any and all questions concerning the different development code requirements.
Development Services processes over 30 different types of land use actions and permits, the most requested including:
- Building and sign permits
- Minor and major subdivisions
- Boundary line adjustments
- Shoreline permits
- Environmental review (under the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)
- Home occupation permits
- Temporary activity permits
Development Services staff also participate with other staff in formulating new code provisions to implement policies as adopted by the Council and constantly researches new ways to streamline the development review process and provide friendly customer service. Development Services staff can be reached at (360) 683-4908.
- Building in Sequim - Frequently Asked Questions
- Fun Facts About Sequim
- Information for New Businesses
- Land Use Planning in Washington State (the basics)
- Land Use and Zoning (the basics)
- What We Do
Additional handouts and applications forms can be found here.