Bike Month 2022
Sequim is a world-class area for bicycling and Sequim Bike Alliance hopes everyone will celebrate that! To be cautious during the COVID-19 pandemic, follow this simple guidance:
- Ride solo or with your family.
- The ODT is open and inviting you to share the trail with care: A. Maintain your distance. B. Avoid congested locations. C. If you encounter others, pull up a mask or scarf for your sake and theirs.
- Remember that trails and sidewalks may have inexperienced riders testing their skills!
- Plan your ride to avoid bathroom stops—for safety, some may still be closed.
If "just like riding a bike" instills fear in you, this video from the League of American Bicyclists has some great tips for getting back in the saddle!
For older residents, this article will be encouraging!
bike month activities for 2022
Watch Facebook @SequimCycling and this webpage for updates! #BikeSunnySequim #BikeMonth @SequimCycling
- Pull family and friends together and download the Bike Month Bingo card here, and mark off progress until you get a complete row!
- You like friendly competition? Join or create a team for the Bike Everywhere Challenge 2022 and compare your team stats with others around the county or state!
- Starting May 1: Sequim Wheelers, the adaptive bike program for elderly and people with disabilities, kicks off its 5th season with 3 wheelchair bikes and 1 side-by-side tandem. To schedule a ride contact Lanie at email@example.com
- All month Ben's Bikes will have special deals and an anti-inflation price roll-back, 1251 W Washington St.
- Monday, May 16, 4pm: The City’s Parks, Arbor, and Recreation Board will meet online and is happy to hear from the cycling community. Online meeting link and agenda at https://www.sequimwa.gov/219/Parks-Arbor-and-Recreation-Board
- Friday, May 20: National “Bike Everywhere Day” – all bikers get free drip coffee courtesy Rainshadow Café, 157 W. Cedar.
- Saturday, May 21, noon: "Summer's Coming" Kids Bike Safety Class - for K-5th grade (with a parent), at Carrie Blake Park pavilion (next to Guy Cole Center). Kids will learn how their bike works, make sure their helmet fits right, learn safety rules, and go for a guided ride around the park with safety specialists from Olympic Peninsula Bicycling Alliance. For info contact Tom Coonelly at 360-681-7053
- Saturday Market Days on May 21 & 28: Sequim Bike Works non-profit will have bike safety checks and tune-ups for a donation.
- Post photos on Facebook @SequimCycling or Strava @TakeASpinInSequim. Be sure to use #BikeSunnySequim and #SequimCycling. Local Strava clubs include @SequimBikeWorks, @TakeASpinInSequim, @Ben'sBikesSequim, @PortAngelesLikesBikes
- Regular Group Rides happen almost every day of the year! See the Sequim Bike Alliance page for details.
- Work parties on the Olympic Discovery Trail will be scheduled this summer - check their link for how to sign up!
Bike Month events are coordinated by members of the Sequim Bicycle Alliance, generally with special support and contributions from City of Sequim, Olympic Peninsula Bicycling Alliance, Sequim School District, Pedego Sequim, Ben’s Bikes, and Rainshadow Coffee and Café. #sequimcycling #bikesunnysequim