Legal Advice

The city attorney gives legal advice to city officials and staff and represents them in civil court and administrative proceedings.

Please note:
The city attorney and other Legal Department staff do not give legal advice or representation to members of the general public. If you have a legal issue, there are other organizations that may be able to help address your needs.  See the RESOURCES section below.


Civil and administrative matters include:

  • Drafting and review of contracts, resolutions, and ordinances
  • Handling tort claims
  • Labor relations
  • Litigation
  • Personnel issues
  • Public Records Act requests
  • Sequim Municipal Code enforcement

For More Information

If you have any questions about the Legal Department of the City of Sequim, please contact (360) 681-6611.


Clallam County Pro Bono Lawyers/Northwest Justice Project. 1-888-201-1014 (CLEAR - Client Intake). If you are deaf or hard of hearing, please call 1-888-201-1014 using your preferred TTY or video relay service.

For landlord/tenant issues, please also refer to RCW 59.18 for further information.

The Northwest Justice Project site includes a referral to Washington LawHelp which provides free legal publications and self-help packets.