- City Government
- City Clerk
- Boards, Commissions & Committees
- Council Salary Commission
Council Salary Commission
- Meetings occur on an as needed basis.
- Sequim Civic Center or virtual if necessary due to the Covid 19 pandemic
152 W. Cedar St.
Sequim, WA 98382
agendas & MINUTES
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes
- John Bridge
- Linda Gutowski
- Candace Pratt
To apply for one of our current openings, click here.
The Salary Commission consists of three voting members , appointed by the mayor, with approval of the Council.
- A maximum term of two years.
- All members must reside within the city limits for a minimum of six months before being appointed to the commission and for the duration of their appointed term.
- A member of the commission must serve until the commission completes its salary review and files a written salary schedule with the city clerk; or the commission issues a final determination that no salary adjustment is appropriate.
- No member may be appointed to more than two terms on the salary commission.
- Members may be removed during their terms for cause of incapacity, incompetence, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office or for a disqualifying change of residence.
- No officer, official, or employee of the city or any of their immediate family members may serve as a member of the salary commission. For purposes of this section, “immediate family member” means the parents, spouse, siblings, children, or dependent relatives of an officer, official, or employee of the city, whether or not living in the household of the officer, official, or employee.
- A member of the commission may not be appointed to another city committee, board, or commission, except for specialized committees or task forces of limited duration.
- Members serve without compensation.
about the board
The Salary Commission was established by ordinance (SMC 2.48), and operates consistent with RCW 35.21.015 to review the salaries of individual councilors, including the offices of mayor and deputy mayor.