The Park and Recreation Board meets on the 3rd Monday of the months of January, March, May, July, September, and November at 5:00 pm in the Burkett Community Room of the Civic Center, 152 W. Cedar Street*. Everyone is welcome to attend.
*Meeting location subject to change, please verify location via agenda (PDF).
The City of Sequim owns eight parks:
- Carrie Blake Park
- Dr. Standard Park
- Gerhardt Park
- Joseph L. Keeler Memorial Passive Park
- June Robinson Memorial Park
- Margaret Kirner Park
- Pioneer Memorial Park
- Water Reuse Demonstration Park
Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PDF)
Adopted February 23, 2015
Carrie Blake Community Park Master Plan (PDF)
Adopted February 22, 2016
All parks are the responsibility of the Public Works Department, with some of the maintenance shared with little league groups and other nonprofit organizations. Total park area, including the Reuse Demonstration Park that is designated for the reuse program only, is about 110 acres.
Off-Leash Dog Park
In 2007, with the help from the tail wagging group known as the Dog Park Pals, the City of Sequim developed an off-leash dog park with almost two acres of fenced-in park space. In this eastern-most area of Carrie Blake Park your dog can run free from restraint and frolic with other dogs of all shapes and sizes.
Reserving a Park Facility
- For reservations of most parks facilities and Guy Cole Convention Center, please contact Kathie Anne Sukert at 360-681-3438.
- Pioneer Park is a good alternative. For reservations of the Pioneer Memorial Park facilities, please contact the Sequim Prairie Garden Club at (360) 808-3434.